Welcome to the
FOD Family Support Group
The FOD Group website and online 'Communication Network' Newsletters are intended to be used as a worldwide resource for families, friends, clinicians, researchers and others who would like to support, educate and provide a forum for the sharing of ideas and concerns for those whose lives have been touched by a Fatty acid Oxidation Disorder.
We are an All Volunteer national and international support group specifically for Fatty Oxidation Disorders and a 501c3 non-profit corporation [Tax ID# 83-0471342] that raises funds for the training of new FOD Professionals and for future FOD Research, as well as for our daily operations, National Conferences, and probono face-to-face or online Grief Support for Bereaved Parents, Families, and other adults living with loss from any cause.
Family Stories are shared, questions are answered, nutrition information is discussed, and medical and pharmaceutical updates are offered. You can also view and share our current FOD Brochure and Newsletter, as well as our archive of past newsletters for more information and stories. Additionally, we have videos on how our Group began and how FODs are newborn screened, diagnosed and treated.
If you'd like to become a member of our Group, please 'Join our Group' first ~ then you can also become a part of our very active google Email List and facebook Group of FOD Families/Familymembers and Professionals from around the world ~ come join us in supporting both our new and 'old' families living with these rare metabolic disorders!
PO Box 54 Okemos, MI 48805 Tax ID # 83-0471342
- Please share your Expertise! Needed for future Newsletters ~ Professional articles or summaries on your clinical work or research [Drs, RNs, nutritionists, genetic counselors, social workers etc]. Contact Deb.
- Donations are tax-deductible – we also now accept stock donations! Make a donation
- As we attend Conferences and expos, our new FOD Banner will help create awareness and educate many about FODs and NBS ~ thank you to MCAD dad, Keith Widmann for designing our banner!
- Visit our Awareness Items page to purchase FOD bracelets, FOD ribbon car magnets/stickers/window clings, tshirts, ivPolePal and more ~ and our Donate page to find other ways to help raise funds for the FOD Group! All tax-deductible!
- UPDATE! FOD Study Recruitment: Patients & Families needed - refer to our most recent Newsletters
- Learn about FODs and how our Group began via our Videos
- Volunteers Needed: Newsletter Formatting, Family Fundraisers, Grant Writing ~ Contact Deb
- Deb offers probono Grief Support for Bereaved Parents & other adults living with loss in person or online
- UPDATE! Our 1st FOD Awareness Month was JULY 2012 and we were also highlighted on July 15, 2013 honoring Kristen and Kevin! Our banner ad was in the USA Today Life Charity Spotlight section. Our 2014 USA Today banner was in the week of July 21-25 honoring Auddie and Kayla! Even though USAToday no longer does this service, Please share our previous Banner ads! Spread the word and be sure to check out our Awareness items to share with family & friends every day of the year!
- NEW Services! Genetic Metabolic Center for Education~ Consulting & Education Services ~ Clinical Support Servicesto assist medical and dietary nutritional providers in the care of patients with inborn errors of metabolism. They have built a team of experienced metabolic clinicians and dieticians to offer clinical consultative and educational advising in support of those who directly serve this patient population.