* Our face-to-face 2023 FOD Family MeetUp is on June 24, 2023 in Bethesda, MD from 8am – 5pm at The Bethesdan Hotel
* No charge for Families to register. However, you are responsible for your own travel and hotel costs. We have some scholarships available to help with those costs – you can complete this form online and then email to Deb. Contact me with questions.
* Anyone from anywhere is welcome – it’s not just for Maryland Families – but the MAX attendance is 75 and that includes children – all individuals age 5 and up MUST be Registered.
* FOD Family MeetUp Registration for Families and Professionals: Everyone age 5 and up MUST be registered in order for us to have an accurate food count. That includes a grandparent/sitter, that may be watching your child at ALL times in the Kids Activity Room. We most likely will not have volunteers to assist us so YOU will be responsible for watching your child/ren.
* As the Main Contact you can register up to 5 more individuals at one time. Megan McCarthy will be helping me with the Registration.
* FOD Family/Professional Registration link: When you click Register, you will see FOD Families at the top and to the right of that there is a dropdown so you can register up to 5 other people. Professionals can register on this page too. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2023-fod-family-meetup-in-bethesda-md-june-24-2023-registration-168270953953
Here is a Printed Regis Form for those that prefer to mail to me – https://www.fodsupport.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2023-FOD-MeetUp-written-Regis-Form.pdf
*Hotel Reservation link : The below link is specifically for the 2023 FOD MeetUp. You can EDIT your Stay dates at the top of the page ~ Or you can call 301.652.2000 and state you are reserving a room for the FOD Support MeetUp on June 24, 2023. The Deadline for our $109 +tax/night pricing is May 30, 2023. We have a block of rooms a few days before and after our event so if you want to make it a vacation please do! Confirm the price for ALL your days. Let us know if the block fills up and we can renegotiate more rooms, if available, with the hotel. Cancellations must be at least 72 hrs before our event or there will be cancellation charges. If you know you cannot come after reserving a Hotel room or Registering for the MeetUp, please cancel BOTH the Hotel reservation AND the MeetUp Registration so we can allow others to register.
HOTEL RESERVATION LINK: https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/deeplink/?ctyhocn=WASBAUP&groupCode=FOD6&arrivaldate=2023-06-22&departuredate=2023-06-25&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
**This will be a smaller 1 day event, a little different than past 2-day Conferences, but the purpose is the same
**To provide opportunities to Network/Share/Support with other FOD Families, hear 3-5 Speakers on FOD topics (Dr Vockley and Dr Kahler have already said they’ll be there IF possible ( ie., speak, sit on professional Q&A Panel etc), and be able to ask them questions that would help you better understand your or your child’s FOD. We have commitments from Nurse Practitioner Lynne Wolfe, MS, CRNP, BC and clinical psychologist Carla Messenger Shuman, PhD. We will also have a metabolic dietitian from Children’s Rare Disease Institute.
If you have TOPIC SUGGESTIONS contact Jennifer Schell Myers at Myersmountainfarm@gmail.com
Looking forward to seeing you next June!
Deb Lee Gould, MEd Director, FOD Family Support Group email@example.com 517.381.1940